TrainWeb Hosted Websites
Featuring Abandoned Railroads
and Fallen Flags
Sorted by URL and not by title.
- ★ = Active website noted for volume & quality of information & photos.
- ☆ = Inactive website noted for archival information & photos.
- ☡ = Caution - functioning website but exhibiting some technical problems.
- Δ = New website under construction. Might be empty of content.
- CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
- Abandoned Railroads of the Northeast
Assortment of Historical Information and photos of abandoned railroads around the Northeast USA.
- ☆ LIRR Abandoned Spurs
Site about the Abandoned LIRR Spurs all over.
Abandoned LIRR is a Site Dedicated to The Past, Present and Future of the Vast Network of Abandoned LIRR Stations, Spurs, and Anything related...
- ★★★ The Jay Street Connecting R.R.
- ★★ Delaware & Northern Railroad
- ★ Dominion Atlantic Railway
www.trainweb.org/dominionatlantic - Dominion Atlantic Railway
Railroad building in 19th Canada was no less of a national enterprise than in its neighbor to the south. Railroads in Atlantic Canada were especially prolific due in large measure to fear by Canadians that right after the US Civil War, with over a million men in arms, that is the US decided to invade and annex Canada there would be little that the Canadians could do to...
- ☆ The Lost Railways of Ireland
- ★ McCloud Rails
www.trainweb.org/mccloudrails - McCloud Rails
This website seeks to document the life and times of the rail lines owned and operated by three principle companies in the life of McCloud, the McCloud River Lumber Company, the McCloud River Railroad Company, and the McCloud Railway Company...
- ★ Mile Post 51 N.Y. Railroad Memorabilia
- ★ Narragansett Pier Railroad
- ☆ Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac (RF&P)
- ☆ Rusty Rails
- ★ Sydney & Louisburg Railway 1895-1968
- ☆ The Southwest Railfan
- ☆ The Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia Railway
www.trainweb.US/tagrailway - The Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia RailWay
This site is dedicated to the history of the Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia Railway, and its rolling stock, motive power, and structures that supported a railroad that ran from Chattanooga, Tennessee, through Georgia, and into Gadsden, Alabama. The TAG ceased to exist in 1971, when it was...
- ☆☆☆ Memories of The Texas & Pacific Railway
- ☆ The Southerner
- ★ Washington & Old Dominion Railway
www.trainweb.org/wandod - Washington & Old Dominion Railway
The W&OD came into being when the Southern Railway leased the Bluemont Branch to the new company in 1912. Constructed as an electric interurban at a time when such properties were past their prime, the W&OD was destined to struggle for all of its life, coming to and end in the late 1960's...
- ★ The Yellow Kid
www.trainweb.org/yellowkid - The Yellow Kid
In the late 19th Century, the Pennsylvania Railroad instituted a new Chicago-New York, and the first all vestibule train in America called the "Pennsylvania Limited." Owing to the fact that the cars were brightly colored using the same...